Les poissons en France

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Design Changes

When we were working (I can just about remember that far back) I would have been described by the "builders" as a customer from hell i.e. one who is continually changing her mind. They were always women!! Fortunately for me I have my own pet "builder" who panders to me and doesn't complain.

In the en-suite of the third bedroom we have always envisaged using the left over tiles from the ground floor. That inevitably means that we are restricted by the number available and of course we must leave enough spares in case of accidents. So we came up with a plan that fitted the available tiles. However, whilst I endorsed the plan, feeling I did not have much option, I never really liked it. Reminiscent of the situation with the stairs! Not to be deterred I spent two days scouring my design books and on line looking for inspiration without success. John joined in yesterday in an attempt to mollify me. He offered up endless different combinations of tiles and mocked up things in cardboard. I had had an idea but feared to mention it as his indulgence only goes so far. As things were getting desparate I plucked up courage to suggest that we put a false beam at the end of the tiles. I had thought that he could slice through one of our many old beams with the chainsaw. That was deemed impossible so we looked on line for false beams. Hey presto we found some but decided that we should have a thorough look in the barn loft before spending 65 euros. Miraculously there was just one that was the right size. It was cleaned and temporarily installed by lunch time.
He is currently relining the wall that was originally scheduled to be half tiled. I do realise how lucky |I am!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home