Les poissons en France

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Stressful Times

I always knew that if I decided to open the garden I would put stress on myself, as I freely admit to being a perfectionist. However I reflected that the worst that could happen would be that we had one of our dreadful thunderstorms the night before. I never in my wildest dreams considered that we would have rain, including thundery showers, for weeks on end before "the day". Based on previous years I chose the 10th July as it seemed to be the time that we had most colour in the garden.

The following photos will show you that far from colour we have hardly any flowers.
To cap it all we have had to take extraordinary measures as the deer ate all the buds off the roses in the front beds and started to eat the buds on the lilies in the Christo bed. 
They don't seem so keen on them once they have opened but of course they have stayed tightly closed with the lack of sun and warmth. We went out delivering publicity material yesterday in two jumpers and a coat!! It is the longest day on Monday isn't it?

Together with the unseasonal weather we have Brexit hanging over us with it's attendant insecurities.
The Rural Idyll ain't so ideal just at the moment!!

We've weathered worse in the past (excuse the pun!) and there are heaps more serious things going on in the world to worry about - so we'll just get on with it and try to stop moaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home