Les poissons en France

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Blog Posts Are Like Buses.........

....none for months and then two in one day. Just shows how we've sprung into action!!!

On Saturday we called into the Garden Centre where we bought our trees last year as they had a sale on. We didn't really need anything but what reason is that for not having a look. Well the only thing we liked was an enormous ornamental cherry tree with 70% off. As the weekend wore on we convinced ourselves that we couldn't live without this tree so this morning we went off early to see if it was still there. You've guessed it.  We have just over a week to prepare the planting hole before it is delivered. The man at the nursery kindly said he would put it in the hole when he delivered it, which is just as well because we had no idea how we were going to move it.  (More to come about this!)

Whilst we were at the garden centre on Saturday I noticed a contorted willow in the skip. I thought it would look great painted and baubles hung on it for Christmas. So when we went today I asked the owner if I could have it and explained why I wanted it. He looked at me very bewildered and said you do know its dead don't you. However, he put it back into a pot, carried the free tree to the car and we eventually managed to get it into our little Clio. 

When we were unloading it at home we discovered that it was shooting and I didn't know what to do. 
I felt a complete philistine contemplating spray painting a living tree, so we planted it in a pot and placed it in the middle of the lavender beds at the end of the serpentine bed.

This "free" tree will now cost us the price of a very large pot and I still need a tree for Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home