Les poissons en France

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Different Autumn Colour

John says I am boring keeping on about the autumn colour. So if you feel the same don't bother to read further.

However I am totally fascinated by the changeing tree colours and in particular how they appear in different lights. As I pass the hall window on my way to the kitchen each morning I stop and reflect on what greets me. In the last couple of days it is the bronze of the oak trees. They are the last to turn and as they are the predominant trees in our locality, suddenly the hills have become golden brown.

Today I was greeted by a dull sky and soaking earth but it just seemed to intensify the colour of the oaks. Unfortunately the camera doesn't quite see what my mind sees.




Yesterday was the second sale of the year at our favourite garden centre. Well you know what that means. Yes we bought another tree (and some grasses). We are such good customers that they gave us a discount on the discount. More likely they thought "here come those suckers again!" We have spent many hours recently redesigning the lower courtyard and researching and sourceing plants which will grow in the boiling summer conditions. The grass looks green and lush now but it rapidly dies once the temperatures warm up and the moisture disappears. Watch this space!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home