Les poissons en France

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Wonderful Autumn

As followers will know I am usually complaining about the weather, but not so this Autumn.

We have both been working flat out in the garden for the last couple of months taking full advantage of the mid twenty temperatures. I can't believe that I have been able to divide a number of perennials. Each year I intend to do this but the weather usually overtakes me. I still have lots more to split but that will have to wait for the Spring, weather permitting!! Meanwhile the under gardener has been just as busy. He is one bucket of sand short (much tutting) of completing the repair of the wall in the ruin, soon to be the Exotic Garden. As I write more of the courtyard grass is being dug up in readiness for changes there.

Our gardening club had a plant swap last Thursday and we came home with a car full of goodies. It has taken me a couple of days to plant everything. As I walked around looking for suitable places to put plants I was stunned to see so much still in flower. I thought I had spent the last months cutting  back and putting the garden to bed. Apart from the bedding plants I had left for the (nonexistent) frost to take there were plants flowering that didn't flower in September because of the drought and at the other extreme the Christmas Roses (helleborus niger) are in bud.
Here are just a few photos we took yesterday.

However, all this is forecast to change tomorrow when winter starts. Soberingly this bizarre
weather which we are having worldwide (even Guy is reporting similar unusal weather patterns in Taiwan) is a result of Global Warming. If only Mr Trump would take off his "blinkered" glasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home