Les poissons en France

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Art in Isolation

As you have probably realised by now John's painting projects go in fits and starts often with months in between. Furthermore they go in phases. Last year he had the glue and wood phase. We had a number of works created using paint mixed with glue (so that it runs) and then embellished with natural pieces of wood. They may sound a bit weird but I like them. As you can imagine he soon gets to know if I don't like a particular piece. Well the enforced isolation has given him great creative inspiration and he is in the "sheet" phase. Yes the type you would normally put on the bed.

You may recall that last year I spray painted some pipes to make a "sculpture" for the back garden. After I had finished the dust sheet that I used to protect the ground from paint looked quite interesting and John has been pondering ever since  how he could use it. This is the final result....
Amazon Future

It would seem that this delving in the dust sheet bag has now become a habit, so much so that he is in full production of sheet art works. I am never given a preview just presented with the finished article, although I have been known to make the odd suggestion for improvement! This is the scenario with all my "Renaissance Man's" projects, of which there are countless.
Death of the Nomads

Fortunately we like to change our pictures in the salon about every six months so they don't become like wallpaper and are no longer noticed.

Prices on Application. Worldwide shipping available!!!!!!!

And now a word from the artist :-
I am not inspired to paint much during the winter as it is too cold.  So I write.  But now that Spring is here I have been moved to paint again ... especially in response to the grave situation in the world and of the world.  Hopefully life will become happier again soon.

Gaia

A mother loves
unreservedly
unconditionally
yet comes the day
of disappointment
of sadness
at the unfulfilled potential
the wilful actions
the idle neglect

I can no longer bleed for you

Gaia is ill

Also a piece of 'found' art
I can no longer bleed for you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home