Les poissons en France

Monday, July 27, 2020

Lockdown Again

This time it is the weather that is forcing us to stay indoors. Unfortunately we are forecast to be having temperatures around 40 degrees C all this week.
We are just trying to keep our plants alive by watering early morning and late evening. I say we but actually John is doing everything as I can't lift heavy weights following my cataract operations. He is managing very well one handed as he is not supposed to lift heavy weights with his right arm following his new defibrillator being fitted more than 3 weeks ago. What a pair of old crocks!!

We took the following photos of the garden a couple of days ago before the fierce temperatures shriveled everything up.
I am particularly pleased that this colour combination worked out as I planned. (Sorry a bit of self indulgence).
All of a sudden we noticed that the roses were blooming again.
I fear that I moan every summer when it is hot and we have no rain. It may be psychological but we cope with temperatures up to 30 degrees C with just a shrug and say that's l'été but over that it is more difficult and 40 degrees C is unbearable!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home