Les poissons en France

Sunday, May 14, 2023

A New Construction Project

 Never fear we are not starting to build another house, but some one is.

I was reading the paper this morning and out of the corner of my eye I saw something move in the courtyard. I looked up to see a rabbit carrying what I thought looked like a mouse in her mouth. A carnivore rabbit, surely not! On closer inspection I saw that she was gathering leaves and then taking them from the Japanese garden up to the top courtyard where she was making a nest in the stachys bed.


 We watched her go back and forth for about an hour and then finally she went to another part of the garden to collect grass to make the final soft layer.

As you know we have had baby rabbits born in the stachys bed before. I know I should really destroy the nest but I haven't got the heart she worked so hard. Anyway they may be dinner for Mrs Fox, although some how I doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home