Les poissons en France

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Roofing


I've spent the last 2 days on the roof of the porcherie although, as you can see, the weather has been somewhat hot. In fact it's really too hot to work outside between about 1 pm and 5 pm.



Yesterday I put the tiles on to one side, and this morning I finished cutting all of the part tiles needed at the ridge. At close of play tonight, I've got the second side nearly ready for tiling, except I've run out of wooden laths to sit the tiles on.



Despite the fact that I was supposed to cut the grass this afternoon, and so must do it tomorrow, I'm hoping that I'll be laying the tiles tomorrow. However, I'm relaying the tiles which were already on the roof on this second side, and we are going to pressure wash them before I relay them. One way or another, the roof should be finished by the weekend.

Sue's spent all afternoon trying to sort out flights for our 'holiday' to South Korea to see Guy. We're going out there for the second half of September, so there is a bit more pressure on getting jobs done and getting ready (hopefully) for the builders in November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home