Les poissons en France

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wildflowers Part 2

I spent today painting the concrete floor of the boiler room. I want to get it done before any oil arrives to get spilt and soaked in to it. I then continued to build the wardrobes in the downstairs bedroom. So, by knocking off time, I was struggling to put one foot in front of the other! Just then Sue said that I had to go for a walk in the garden. So, suitably fortified with a glass of red wine in one hand, and with camera in the other, I set off with my guide.

Everything in the vegetable garden is finally doing well. This unsettled weather has certainly held things back compared to last year. However that wasn't the reason for the garden walk. We went on to the wildflower meadow, and all of a sudden it's blooming. Having seen the profusion of wild flowers in the fields last night, we realised that our own 'meadow' is also experiencing a sudden flush of flowers.

Sue was delighted to see lots of Pyramid Orchids; these were the ones that she spent hours transplanting last year, and which she feared had died. As well as the pyramids, we have wild Salvias, wild Scabias, as well as the common meadow flowers.

However, the 'piece de resistance' was the discovery of 2 Bee orchids. We feel priviledged to be looking after this little part of Nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home