Les poissons en France

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Another Day's Hard Labour

I do love those 'could you just...' jobs that seem to keep coming my way! Madam needed a labourer to'just' skim the turves off of the new Iris bed.




I lifted about half this morning, but then decided that, as it was getting hot, and to give the old back a rest, I'll finish it off tomorrow. However, madam was able to press on with lifting the Irises (Irii?) out of the vegetable garden and then plant them in position.



I have to admit that Sue put in a good day's work. She had to bring manure up from the compost heaps, dig it in, and then go and dig up the Irises. Finally she could plant them. As we had temperatures in the 20's, she had to have a rest mid-afternoon!



Meanwhile, some of us just had to plod on. This afternoon, I continued with the steps. We're slowly getting there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home