Les poissons en France

Sunday, March 15, 2009

From Dawn to Dusk

Well, it seems like we have been working outside for that long but don't have much to show for it. It is the time of year when you just don't feel you can keep up with things in the garden, however hard you try. I finished planting the potatoes and several other vegetable seeds today. I have ended up with lots of old flower seeds which I brought from England and a number of envelopes of ones I have collected here, so, to get rid of them, I mixed them all up and threw them into the copse - they've got two chances!!

Having said we have not achieved much today, we have completed two very significant tasks. I have prepared the ground in the front garden and sown grass seed, (how wonderful it will be to see it green again after all the building activity), and John has moved the old log pile to the end of the alley (joining the new log pile).



















John has got up to step three on his flight of steps. I must admit that he would probably be further on but I just had to comment that they were not level ( you probably saw the steam drifting over!). He should ignore his spirit level and just stand back and look. I think he has got the hang of it now so we should have some speedy progress (I hope he doesn't read this as I fear we may have no progress).

Yoda adores being outside with us and insists he is outside whenever we are. He is quite happy to follow the tractor most of the time but his real treat is to have a ride on the driver's lap. Yes, it is just like having a toddler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home