Les poissons en France

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Long and Winding Road

I'm afraid that I've been a naughty boy! I've been working on the 'serpentine' path without my supervisor. So, today, when the head gardener finally had a close inspection of what I've done so far, she wouldn't sign my chitty.




As you can see in the photo, I haven't got the curves 'sweeping' smoothly. What I've done looks more like a series of straight sections. Sue laid some more of the sets on top of what I've already laid to show me how the curve should go. So tomorrow I'll start demolishing sections of what's already there and redoing it , under the watchfull eye of 'Her who sees All.' It's going to be a long, hot summer.

It's been scorching today; 31 degrees in the shade at the back of the house. When it's as hot as that, you really can't work out in the sun in the afternoon. Having said that, this afternoon I did some more work on the courtyard wall. We're getting there slowly.





Then, late afternoon, Sue went to the Potager to pick some spinach for tea. And whilst she was there she dug up a root of our potatoes which have started to droop. Bingo!


The first of this year's new potatoes. You can't beat eating your own, fresh vegetables! And to make it even better, our evening meal will be home-grown spinach, home-grown potatoes and free eggs courtesy of our neighbour Michel. Soon we'll be really french when we go out scouring the hedgerows for anything that's free and can be made into some form of food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home