Les poissons en France

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Yes, We ARE Mad

I got Jon to help me yesterday to bring the last two 'beams' indoors. So, yesterday afternoon and today I've been putting them into position (hopefully to give us a less springy floor).







It's not been easy as the 'beams' are heavy and long. To be able to get them upstairs and into the bedrooms involved manoeuvring them onto the bridge landing and then lifting one end up and round so that I can get it up and into the door of bedroom 2. It was on the limit of what I was able to do by myself.....but we did it. Sue often tells me I'm getting more and more like my Dad!





So, at the end of play today, the 'beams' are all in position, with one end recessed into the wall and the other resting on a large cross-beam. The plan for tomorrow is to cement them all in the walls and install the drain pipes for the 'en-suite' facilities so that, Saturday, I can commence fixing the levelling wood for the floorboards.

There will still be lots and lots to do in these rooms ( build walls, plasterboarding, bathroom facilities, tiling etc, etc!) but it will be a nice psychological milestone to get the floor down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home