Les poissons en France

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Interesting Day

Yesterday, Monday, was the 'regular' visit to Toulouse for the second injection of this, the 6th cycle of chemo. This means setting the alarm for 5am and setting off just after 6am. Whether you describe this as interesting, I'm not sure! What was interesting was when Sue saw 2 owls fly out of our pigeionnier as she was putting on her coat. She told me about this as she got in the car, upon which I saw one of them fly back. It's really nice to know for sure that we have a pair; let's hope they successfully rear youngsters.

The Day Hospital was heaving with patients when we got there, so I wasn't very optimistic for a speedy turn-round. After they'd taken my blood sample, I was sent for a chest x-ray. When I got there I met up with a receptionist who I had previously encountered. During our previous meeting, we had talked about where I came from in the UK, he told me of another Englishman who lives in the Dordogne who had actually been to the Cavern in Liverpool. It turned out that my new French friend, who is about 55, used to play in a band, and is a huge fan of an English group called The Inmates. This group have been playing since the mid 60's and are still performing now. Jean-Claude showed me clips of them on his ipod and gave me details of their Facebook page. A strange encounter in a French x-ray department.

So, yesterday we greeted, with the statutary hand shake, and I went in to have the x-ray taken. When I came out, my friend told to come round to his side of the reception desk where he showed me an e-mail from some member of The Inmates! It was in english but he had been unable to find anyone to adequately translate the phase 'pulled through'. Jean-Claude had obviously been ill and they said that they were pleased that he'd 'pulled through' it all. Sue and I laughed about this new example of the strange but pleasant things that crop up in our 'French' life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home