Les poissons en France

Friday, December 06, 2013

Progress Report

I am not moving on quite as quickly as I had hoped with preparing the salon for the man to fit the stove but life does sneak up on you sometimes.  However, I collected the stove itself this week and, with the help of a friend we managed to get it off the lorry I had hired and into the porcherie.  It is heavy and I am going to unpack it and see if I can take some bits off/out to lighten it.  Then perhaps, when Guy is here at Christmas time we can move it upstairs.
I bought some sheets of fire-retardant plasterboard whilst I had the lorry and I put some on the wall in the chimney.
The more difficult job will be to put the plasterboard up into the chimney to seal it off.  That definitely will be a 2 man job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home