Les poissons en France

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Scrub a Tree!!

Just for a change I thought I would tell you about what's happening in the garden. Believe me we do do other things, although perhaps it doesn't appear that way.

The tree we bought last weekend for the courtyard was delivered this week. We chose a Himalayan Birch with lovely white bark which we thought would give us some winter interest. We moved it around when it arrived to see if our ideas were going to work and then I gave it a bath and a good scrub!! We had never heard of doing such a thing until it was featured on Gardeners World a couple of months ago. The difference is amazing although the photo doesn't show it very well.
For some time I have had the idea to plant ornamental grasses down the middle of the path between the prairie beds. Having looked on line I decided that the cost would be prohibitive as I needed so many. However recently I have managed to acquire some inexpensively from various sources culminating in the plant swap at our garden club this week.
I will be able to split them in the Spring and hey presto! Of course I first need a bed dug so John marked it out this afternoon. He says the gardening year would not be complete if he did not have another bed to dig.
Although the mornings remain very frosty by lunch time it is glorious outside so we have been taking advantage of the afternoons. We have decided to double the size of the woodland bed down the alley so John spent Friday afternoon collecting compost from the village recycling depot. Its a start and certainly looks tidier.

Never happier than playing in the garden.

A few days ago I floated round the garden to take these photos before the frost melted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home