Les poissons en France

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Showing Off

As I now have two articles published in glossy magazines I feel justified in shouting about it. OK they may not have the largest circulation but I feel quite proud.

Many of you will know that we open our garden under the auspices of Open Gardens/Jardins Ouverts. This a charity started in 2013 to raise money for children in France affected by cancer. It is organised on roughly the same lines as The National Garden Scheme in the UK. The concept of opening ones garden to the public is rather "strange" to the French but never the less from three gardens open in 2013 this year 200 will open. I recently took over as coordinator for the Lot Department and no doubt photos will appear here in the future when we attend numerous plant fairs to publicise the scheme.

It was through this organisation that I was asked to write a piece for "French Entree" which was published last Autumn and in April "Living France" published another article which I wrote about our garden. Both magazines are aimed at people living in France or planning to move here. If you are interested you can read the article at this link 
 http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk//launch.aspx?eid=1092ee66-3088-47a9-95d0-eab4457297afis. Unfortunately it is on page 61!! I haven't been asked to contribute to Gardeners World yet but you'll be the first to know if I am approached!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home