Les poissons en France

Saturday, September 28, 2019

All this will pass

We have come to the end of our summer visitor season, and I have managed to keep our Rose Walk Pergola standing.  Since early summer I saw that the foot of one of the uprights had disintegrated.
So, this feature of the garden has been rethought and now, it has to come down.
I started on it this morning, really to see how difficult it was going to be.  I feel that it must have been standing up by willpower!  I have taken down the first pair of uprights, lifted the first set of roses and taken out the 'feet' ... the uprights certainly weren't going to blow over!
Unfortunately we are going to be busy over the next couple of weeks but I'm hoping to be able to clear the site soon so that we can redevelop this area of the garden.
We have had the Rose Walk for about 10 years now but it has never been as successful as we had hoped ... the roses didn't really flourish.

1 Comments:

At 11:56 am, Blogger Rotary Club of Wollaton Park Walking Group said...

I just felt I had to say something about the loss of the pergola having had a vested interest and a few days hard labour helping erect it. Is it really 10 years ago? We look forward to seeing what replaces it.

Ironically I had to replace two posts in ours earlier this year but thankfully it was any easy job. We planted a yellow climbing rose up the stump of an old cherry blossom and for many years it seemed reluctant to do anything. A large bag of manure last autumn changed all that and we have watched this rose grow like a Trifid and it has been full of flower throughout the summer. I am not looking forward to cutting it back its got thorns like razor blades.

Best wishes David & June

 

Post a Comment

<< Home