Les poissons en France

Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Conundrum

 Sorry folks this post is for the gardening  geeks (like me) amongst you. Before the Covid restrictions I regularly visited the bargain section of the local garden centre, needless to say I have felt thoroughly deprived since March, and bought countless half dead plants. Just before Christmas I found a pot of azaleas which were covered in faded blooms but appeared healthy in every other respect. They were described as multi-coloured which I soon found out was that the pot consisted of a lot of different cuttings. At home I potted these up individually and they flourished, so I eventually planted them in the Japanese courtyard. I imagined that they would flower in April with all my other Azaleas, but no, one started flowering in mid August when the temperatures were around 40 degrees C. I thought that this must be a rogue until others followed.



When I bought the plant (for 2 euros) in December I assumed that it had been forced into flower and would revert to normal Azalea flowering rythm when it was planted in the garden. Can anyone offer an explanation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home