Les poissons en France

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Garden Force

We can't believe how good the weather is staying. Our thermometer by the front door, in the full sun, was showing 30c at mid-day. We took full advantage of this good weather to work in the garden. Sue got a bonfire going to burn up branches which I had previously cut in the courtyard. Whilst she was doing this, I was removing the small tree stumps left in the courtyard. Then I started attacking the trees along the top boundary hedge of the front 'garden'. I realised that I need to see about getting the chain saw sharpened, or a new chain. It was struggling to cut cleanly and quickly.



We'd like to think we can get going on the house and we have found some more architects. We have got one coming tomorrow and another the next day. We have also been told of a Project Manager (Maitre d'Oeuvre) who is good , who can draw up the plans and get the Permis de Construire and then organise trades. So we will pursue him as well. We have also started buying our Digger! I was looking at french ebay and we bid for a mini-digger being sold by a dealer in Folkstone in the UK. We were successful and he is sending the digger on a pallet by a carrier; we will get delivery within 5 to 10 working days. Sue is expecting me to be straight out on to the garden digging out paths and beds. Hope the weather stays fine. Sounds like I'm going to be out there all hours!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home