Les poissons en France

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hard at it.

Our neighbour JJ had suggested that I use his pressure washer to clean up the old roof tiles before I replace them on the pigsty roof. So yesterday I borrowed his machine and set to.




We were amazed at how well the tiles came up. Whilst they don't look like brand new, they certainly don't look like the tiles I took off!



Cleaning the tiles took nearly all afternoon, moving 270 tiles to clean them, and then restacking them. The job was made a bit easier when JJ came to help me. He took over the cleaning and I did the moving and restacking.




So, it was up early this morning and out onto the roof of the porcherie. Having spent all afternoon yesterday cleaning the old roof tiles, the intention was to get all of the tiles back onto the roof today. Just as I lifted the first 5 tiles up onto the roof, I felt a pain in my lower back. It was saying, 'oh no, here we go again'. For the rest of the day I've been walking around as if I've messed my pants! However, I pressed on and, by lunchtime, the tiles were on.



In the middle of my efforts, Sue came to me to report the sighting of a snake down by the compost heaps.It had been curled up behind the heaps in full sunshine. Naturally, by the time we went back down there, he'd long gone, but I took a photo of the compost heap anyway.




Despite the odd thunderstorm, the weather remains dry and Sue has been trying to increase the water retaining condition of the veg beds. She spent a lot of today mulching the beds with material from our first compost heap up next to the ruin. But we aren't running out of vegetables! The ground is so rich that we're struggling to eat fast enough.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home