Les poissons en France

Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Trouble at Mill"


On Tuesday JP blocked up the inside of the new window in the salon. After he had gone home I went and had a look at what had been accomplished and I realised that he had done the sides at right angles not at 45 degrees like all the rest of the windows in the room. We mentioned it the next day and he apologised and then rebuilt it according to Cyrilles instructions. I decided it was best to keep out of the way until about 3 o'clock when I went to offer them a cup of coffee. Whoops it was still not right. Apparently it had collapsed about lunch time so this was the third time it had been built. Well JP said the client is always right so he demolished it again and stayed until 7pm and nearly finished it. All the workmen were making jokes but I am sure that they were sticking pins in me. All was well today, they didn't send me to coventry and the window is fine.
















As can be seen, certain aspects of Health and Safety leave a little to be desired!



John and I continued to put the plasterboard up in the kitchen today. This time it was on the walls, each stage is a learning curve but I think we've cracked it. Its really exciting now as I am having to consider the finished article (although this is not just round the corner).


I am pleased that the bargain narcissus I bought when we were in England have made such a lovely show.
We were surprised today to see that our neighbours Michel and Michele had cleared their garden and planted out some pansies. I asked Michel when the Queen was coming but he said they had done it for the village. What a lovely sentiment, particularly as they do not live here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home