Les poissons en France

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Day of Rest?

We were expecting our helper today (Sunday) so that we could continue building the walls in the downstairs bedroom/bathroom/boiler room. I was out there at 8 o'clock and, whilst I was waiting, I carried on with the ceiling in the kitchen. I thought that JP wasn't going to come today, and we realised that he doesn't have our phone number, however, 10 o'clock and up he turned. So, switch from 'dry liner' mode into 'brickie's labourer' mode.

JP's not afraid of hard work and he wants to work for himself eventually. He's 24 and I'm 60 so I was struggling to keep up with him sometimes.

We crashed on and finished the bedroom wall before we stopped for lunch.



Then, during the afternoon, JP asked if I was up for getting the wall between the bathroom and boiler room finished. Of course I said yes, but, by the time we'd finished at 6.30, I was struggling!


Not to be outdone, Sue has spent the past 2 days clearing up rubble etc., so that we can move about without falling over things and so that we can more easily visualise the future layout of our house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home