Les poissons en France

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Even Monkeys Learn

I've been learning how to prepare to fit a suspended ceiling for the past two and a half days. I've got a lot better idea now.




Part of the problem has been trying to find out how to do it. I've read books and product catalogues, and I've been give advice by 3 different workmen. Naturally each piece of advice contradicts what I've previously been told. I basically understand what I've got to do, but putting it in to practice is another matter. Our electrician is most anxious to be here when I start putting the plasterboard up, as I have to cut holes of the correct diameter for the light fittings, etc. and then pull the wires through ready for him to finish it off. He was here working until 6pm tonight so that I can start putting up the ceiling tomorrow! That's going to be interesting.

Meanwhile work on the house continues apace and our wall dividing the staircase and the 2 bedrooms on the first floor should be finished by the weekend.

Sue has spent another day out in the garden on the vegetable bed. However, she also planted out some Canterbury Bells that she bought on from seed last year. Whilst she was doing this she saw that the iris bulbs that Auntie Pauline had sent over to us are in flower. The reason that she sent them was that the irises are called Pauline.




For us, Spring is certainly knocking on the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home