Les poissons en France

Friday, May 23, 2008

So Near.

And there was me yesterday saying that we'd have another roof face done!

It was trying to rain all morning, and so Cyrille told his lads to spend the afternoon clearing up. That in itself is good, but we would have preferred more tiles on the roof. Because, inevitably, it didn't rain in the afternoon. Still, never mind!

So we wait for next Monday, when hopefully it all happens (again!)

JPs family grow strawberries , raspberries and asparagus commercially. He is always saying to me if you want any strawberries Soos just let me know. Well he wont accept any payment for them so I dont like to ask very often. We were having friends round for a meal last night so I asked for a punnet of strawberries. I was getting dressed when he arrived so I asked him to leave them on the doorstep. When I came to use them they weren't very good but I assumed it was because they were free. However when he saw me this morning he couldn't apologise enough for the strawberries. Apparently he'd forgotten to get them from home so he had stopped on the way and bought me some and was totally distraught about the quality. Being an old softee I thought that was really sweet and gave him a big hug.

The veg patch is starting to crop so salad leaves , spinach and chard are creeping into the menu again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home