Les poissons en France

Friday, July 18, 2008

We Got Floors !

Our plumber duly finished laying the pipes for the underfloor heating in the kitchen and dining room, and was then smoothly followed by the builders on Thursday. Whilst I have moaned about the lads doing the 'screed' by hand, I have to admit that JP has made a nice job of it. It took him and Alexi, the appentice, the best part of 2 days, but this evening we have another floor ready for tiling.















Meanwhile Sue has started to grout in the bedroom. As she quickly discovered, it's a slow process, at least it is for us.


I've been cutting the floor tiles which go up to the walls in the bedroom. My old electric tile cutter blew up and I've bought a new one but I find it not particularly user-friendly. So I'm cutting the tiles without the guard, which means that I get covered with dirty water. When I'd finished today, I needed a shower, and Sue suggested that I shower outside using the hose pipe. She'd found that the water in the pipe is really hot where it has been warmed by the sun, and as there's about 60 metres of pipe she thought that there should be enough 'hot' water for me to shower. So, thinking that we live in a very quiet spot I duly went out to shower. Just as I started to wash my hair, JJ took a visitor to look at our garden. I ducked back behind our house and finished ny shower. I went indoors into our passage to remove my wet pants, and blow me down but John and Lesley came walking past with a visitor heading up the hill. Fortunately (for them) I hid in the entrance to the kitchen. I don't think I'll be risking the outdoors shower again!!!!



In the middle of all of this chaos and confusion, we had to go into Cahors last night for the Blues Festival. Last year we went with a group of friends on one of the evenings when you can stroll through the town listening to bands playing in different hotels and restaurants. This year, however, my old friend from school was playing at the festival, to be followed on stage by Bill Wyman (of the Rolling Stones) and the Rhythm Kings. This obviously demanded that we bought tickets for the show.















We had a good evening, and it was nice to meet up with Bob, but it was also somewhat ironic to see all of these legends from the past, playing for their pensions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home