Les poissons en France

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Missed that Hour!

No work yesterday as we had to go shopping to Cahors and Montauban, so we wanted to get cracking today. However the clocks went forward last night so we were immediately at a disadvantage!
I spent the day finishing clearing away from the foot of the wall, and then I've been trying to find out if I can use some of the wall as it is. And I think that I'm going to end up knocking it all down! The wall is about 75cm ( 2'6'') thick; it is faced either side, with a middle of rubble ..... nothing other than age holding it together. So I'm now thinking that I'll clear a first part of the wall and then start rebuilding it, using (where I can) the stones from the next part of the wall.















It isn't going to be a quick job, but, when we look at what it was back in September, we realise that we're progressing already!





We have encountered another problem. Our own village Builder's Merchant has closed! It was very convenient to just nip up the road to get some bits or a bag of cement. But the biggest problem is that I used to take the trailer and fill it with sand from their yard. So now I've got to find another source of sand or get it delivered.


Whilst we were in Cahors yesterday we walked through the market. It was really buzzing and the fruit and veg stalls were also selling plants and seedlings. We ended up buying 2 dozen stawberry plants, a dozen Red Cabbage and a dozen Broccoli....as if Sue hasn't already got enough to plant up!


The Strawberry plants went in today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home