Les poissons en France

Monday, November 16, 2009

Bits and Bobs

It was a glorious day today; a clear blue sky with hot sun this afternoon. This enabled us to work on a number of ongoing jobs. I cleared out our things from the new cat's pens so that Sue could 'spring clean' (I know that it's autumn, but did Sue?)


I finished the morning by tearing up a few floorboards in Bedroom 2.



We've realised that some of the beams 'bounce' and, looking at them, you can see why; some of them are pretty thin. Still, that's another day's problem.



After lunch, I started to dig the rose holes. Whether I was just lucky, but I dug three without any 'rock' problems. Only 21 to go.





However, at that point I became distracted. Just near to where I was working there was the stump of a Field Maple that had obviously been cut down over a number of years. So, I had a go at digging it out. I managed it and it is now in our Bonsai area. It needed to come out and it's got two chances!





Not to be outdone by my efforts, Sue finished her labours by bringing two barrow-loads of earth from the compost heaps.





PS As an indication of how native we have become, I commented to Sue that tomorrow should be even hotter ( 21 degrees) but that Wednesday is only going to be 14 degrees! I then thought and realised that 14 degrees in the middle of November actually isn't cold!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home