Les poissons en France

Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Sunshine

I was thinking about how Easter has lost it's meaning. We received a couple of 'Easter Cards' via the internet, and I was struck by the lack of any reference to Christ or Christianity. I feel that we are seeing the last echoes of the Christian religion but everyone still feels the need to 'celebrate' the arrival of Spring. I guess we're all Pagans at heart.

Today, Easter Monday, has been absolutely glorious. I'm looking out of the window now at 7 o'clock in the evening and we still have a totally clear blue sky; it's been lovely and warm and we ended our day's exertions by sitting outside on our 'top' terrace with a glass of wine, viewing our front garden.














As I hope you can see, Sue's been very busy weeding and tidying and this afternoon I mowed the grass. We are very pleased with our endeavours and felt we'd earned the glass of wine!

Earlier in the day I'd put the first piece of plasterboard in between 2 beams in bedroom 2. I'd been wondering how I'd get on, but it wasn't too bad ( as long as I can fill the gaps successfully!)





You'll notice that I needed to modify the 'plasterboard elevator' to allow me to push the boards right up between the beams. So, having had a successful trial run, I then started to erect the metalwork for the en-suite wall!



(I've really only done this to avoid starting on the joints of the plasterboards in the library and bedroom 3!!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home