Les poissons en France

Monday, June 28, 2010

Cracking the Whip

This morning the Head Gardener was sorely tried by the lack of water pressure in the hand-held hose, and she forcibly voiced her thoughts to the garden labourer!!!

So, I tore up my sick note and started to set up the 'automatic' watering system which we bought some weeks back. It hadn't made it's way up to the top of the Urgent list....until today. I feel sure that the Gardener thought that it was just a matter of laying tubing on the ground, connecting little jets and away you go. However, I managed to convince her that the tubing wasn't going to last if it lay ontop of the ground across the road and out came the digger.





I had to take the tubing across our 'alley' where we drive the lawn mower, but then it had to go across the road up over the hill, the one the chasseurs (hunters) use in the winter.





Fortunately no one wanted to go up the hill whilst I was doing this. There's about another day's worth of work to get the system all set up for the serpentine bed at the front, but I expect it will rain now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home