Les poissons en France

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

If At First You Dont Succeed........

I think we are on plan Y in our attempts to stop the deer eating the plants - plan Z being to fence all the property which we can neither afford nor is it practical. John's cousin saw a TV programme about Hampton Court Flower Show and it featured a garden as it would have been in Shakespeare's time; lo and behold complete with deer deterent i.e. muslin bags full of human hair. I had read about this before on the Royal Horticultural Society website so decided to give it a go. Whilst I was having my hair cut today I negotiated an indefinite supply. Chantal guessed immediately what I wanted it for so it is not just an English "old wives tale".





Armed with my bag of hair and supplemented with John's trimmings and an old pair of tights (no muslin bags readily to hand) I made the "rats" and we hung them in the deer runs. We await developments!!

It's that time of year again we are on the manure run, and will be as long as our stamina lasts. We are still trying to make soil for the courtyard lawns so John has started to spread it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home