Les poissons en France

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Deer - Plan Z

In Cahors there is a garden centre which I visit frequently as they often have large consignments of plants which they sell very cheaply so I called in yesterday to see if they had any " choisyas" left from last week's promotion. They didn't but they had some pyracanthas which are also on my wish list. I bought two for the long bed in the back garden. However on the way home I began to reflect that as they were 5 feet tall and very prickly they would be ideal as a hedge on the boundary of the front garden, the main thoroughfare for the deer in the front garden.

So I rushed out this morning in the pouring rain to find out how many we needed and .... off to the garden centre! They always sell out very quickly so we could not afford to delay. Buying 25, even better price!!







I know John is not himself at present but any resemblance to Benny Hill is purely coincidental.

1 Comments:

At 6:23 pm, Blogger Rotary Club of Wollaton Park Walking Group said...

I knew you would get there in the end. Pyracantha is the evil of all intruders deer included.

D&J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home