Les poissons en France

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Meringues

A week ago our neighbour Fred arrived with a tray of eggs. John was particularly delighted and said he would like some meringues. Well I used to be a dab hand at making meringues but seem to have lost my touch since we moved here. I have blamed it on my oven but have had to reflect on my diagnosis. We recently had lunch at a friends and I complimented her on her meringues. "They're dead easy" says she, "you have got a Kenwood haven't you?". "No". "Ah". My third one broke not long before we moved here and I decided that I could manage with my little hand beater.

Those of you who know John will know that he does not let the grass grow under his feet and the next thing I know he is on to his trusty one click Amazon account and we have a new Kenwood Chef winging its way to us.




One has to reflect that to turn some free eggs into meringues just cost 200 euros!!!! He says that if I go in to full scale production we will soon recoup our investment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home