Les poissons en France

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Thwarted By The Wildlife...

No, not by the deer this time but by owls and bats. I was petrified about John doing the barn roof and yesterday he just repaired a low piece which I could cope with. I was again working on the raised bed when he found me to report that he was not sure that he could continue repairing the roof as there was a barn owl living in the rafters and he had already upset it. We had no idea it was there. Admittedly we rarely go into the top part of the barn but we had not heard it calling. Eventually John decided that he was obliged to carry on. 
I had the proverbial fit when I looked in to see how things were progressing and saw that he was working on the apex which he had assured me was too high....... I had believed him but goodness knows why because I might have known that he would do it in the end. I was particularly worried because not only were there holes in the roof but as a consequence the floor had rotted.
However I am pleased to report that all but one hole has been repaired, that one is to be done on Thursday. Unfortunately Ollie will have to find a new home.

Meanwhile I wanted to start cleaning and painting the shutters. However I have only been able to work on one and a half pairs as Brian bat and his mate were sleeping behind the other half. We had not got the heart to disturb them so plan to take the other one down when they depart to find supper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home