Les poissons en France

Friday, April 17, 2015

Buried Treasure

Last week I reported that I had done some planting in the white bed. When I went to water it the following day I found that one plant had been disturbed, I assumed by "some creature" as there was a 6 inch deep by 18 inch wide depression where the plant had been. Whilst planting yesterday I decided to replace the dug up plant. As I began digging in the mound of earth created when the animal was digging, to my surprise I unearthed a complete leg bone. We deduced from its size that it was probably from the deer carcass we found some weeks ago. When John found the carcass it had a leg missing. The bone I found yesterday was "relatively" fresh. The plot thickens, but is total conjecture. However the resident detectives find it fascinating.
More buried treasure, only this seems to have been buried so deep it is not showing itself. You will recall that we "planted" 1000 anemone blanda in January, I would now like to show you to one of the four which have flowered this year. I am confident that they will be better next year. John says that I am ever the optimist!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home