Les poissons en France

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Going, going, gone

Work outside seems to have been delayed for one thing or another, but today was a window of opportunity and so I set about lifting the rest of the climbing roses on the Pergola.  That job achieved (and the evidence disposed of at the Council Dump) I started 'pushing over' the wooden structure.
Some of the wood didn't need much pushing ... even though the feet of the posts were sitting in metal stirrups, a couple had rotted away and the whole structure was standing up by sheer willpower!
Now I have to dig up these stirrups which are concreted in before we can start to redevelop the site.

We have been experiencing mild weather and there is no sign of frost yet (am I talking too soon?) but it is that time of year again when Sue is lifting the summer bedding plants from in front of the house with a view to planting Pansies for winter colour.  I'm afraid there are no photos of the Head Gardener in action as she has accused me of putting this on the blog every year, so you will just have to use your imagination!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home