Les poissons en France

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Amazing

 I shouldn't be amazed by the regenerative power of nature and in particular rain, but I am. I walked round the garden after 24 hours of showers and couldn't believe what had recovered. Plants that I had ear marked to remove all of a sudden were looking great. I have to attribute this to the lower temperatures as well as the rain



I would like the flowers to look like this all the time but I have to be realistic about the impact of global warming. I am well aware that time distorts the memory but we are sure that the weather is very different from when we moved here 14 years ago. Lets hope that the mild winters continue.....but you can't be sure.

Meantime it's still "onwards and upwards". I have moved plants out of the old white bed and the Under Gardener has prepared the area to move the turves (when they grow) to create a new shape.



2 Comments:

At 6:59 pm, Blogger Jan said...

Yes, how very restorative is the rain! We've also had our first rain in the UK - but for only three weeks! That Salvia is very pretty! I'm also re planning some beds - trouble is I don't seem to have an Under Gardener! In the UK now is the time for Wallflower planting and I'm hoping to source some bare root plants [as they're cheaper]! I'll put tulip bulbs in too and I'm glad to see the self sewn forget-me-not plants sprinkled about the borders and ready for next year. They look so good with Persian carpet.
All the best and keep up the good work - Jan

 
At 2:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So enjoy reading your blog Sue and John, if ever I feel a bit down I log onto your site and am immediately uplifted. Keep the diary coming. Stay safe and hopefully it won’t be too long before we meet again. Moira x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home