Les poissons en France

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Creature Comforts

We are nearing the point when we'll have our first 2 rooms finished. And the cats are pleased.


Sue is busy grouting all of the tiling, although, now that she's finished the walls of the bathroom, the floors are a lot more straight forward.
















We're pleased with the bedroom now that I've got the wardrobe doors fitted, although the interior designer says that it needs some colour to 'lift it'!

I was struggling yesterday to fit the heated towel rail. It is very heavy and the fixings supplied with it stood no chance to keep it attached to the plasterboard wall. I bought some different, metal fixings but they were no better. So, on the advice of Cyrille, I went to Gourdon to talk to an ex-plasterer who had just opened a shop selling all manner of screws and fixing systems. He showed me what to do but I really needed a tool to fix the metal 'chevilles' into the plasterboard. So, he phoned his wife, got her to bring his own tool to the shop and lent it to me. He had no idea who I was or where I lived, but that was no problem even though I'd only spent about 4 euros. When I took it back, he said I could borrow it whenever I wanted. That wouldn't happen in England!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home