Les poissons en France

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Getting a Bit Pointed

Since we've been back from Barcelona, I've been pointing the 'stair's passage' wall everyday. I thought that I'd make up a mix of mortar and use it in the morning, then another in the afternoon. However, the weather has, in the main, been a pleasant 30+ everyday, which has an adverse effect on both me and the rate at which my mortar goes off! The other problem I have is that there's a lot of stairs to climb carrying this mortar from the 'ruin' where I mix it up, to 'our' bedroom in the loft.

Still, we're making progress, even though my helper hasn't been able to help me yet. She's still busy dividing her time between 'tidying' the garden and grouting the tiles in the bedroom. (She promises that she will get round to helping me). Yesterday, I finished the wall in our bedroom and will be working on the walls on the middle level. Because it's now all 'normal' wall height, it doesn't seem so daunting, although it won't be all finished by the start of September!


We had a small diversion yesterday. When Cleo was coming into the kitchen from the Breakfast patio, she suddenly jumped in the air and then was very wary, trying to peer into a hole between the floor of the underfloor heating and the wall. It was actually a small snake which had become stuck to the adhesive foam band which the plumber has to put between his installation and the walls. I managed to get it unstuck (with a long screwdriver), thinking that I'd be able to flick it outside, but, of course, as soon as it was free, it disappeared underground. At this point, the management called for the local labourer to mix up some cement to fill in the hole, (and we're sorry Mr. Snake if you've become entombed).


Never a dull moment here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home