Les poissons en France

Thursday, April 09, 2009

The Party's Over.

We've finally got down to work again after our break in the UK. I'm back on wall-building and Sue's lifting plants from her holding beds in the vegetable garden and planting them up in our new beds. Some of the plants have been growing on for a couple of years and Sue found she was struggling to dig them up. So, after lunch, she had to call on her labourer to assist with the manual labour.




It's lovely to see plants going in to their correct places; we're starting to have a garden!

This morning, (before having to stop to help the head gardener), I was working on 'the wall'.


I'm pleased at what I've done so far, but the next part of the wall needs to be totally rebuilt as there's a big tree stump next to it which is still growing. After giving my helping hand to Sue I was able to clear the stones and rubble away from the stump, and I then got the chain saw out! I have to admit that I did think I was going to struggle to cut down the stump as it was about 50cm in diameter. However, I'm pleased to report that I was able to remove it, leaving a new stump, albeit very close to the ground.



Having cut the stump, I treated the 'new' stump in the hope of finally killing it off. Another satisfying day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home