Les poissons en France

Monday, November 23, 2009

Back up the Ladder

Monday morning and back to work! We had a pleasant day with friends yesterday but, this morning, it was up the ladder making a mess. I needed to make good some of the jointing in the hall where I've removed part of the beams and flooring. Raking out the joints and then remortaring and cleaning up the joints makes a lot of dust and mess, and we wanted to get this out of the way before we start the 'christmas' social season!






It became a little difficult as I ended trying to clean up the joints in the dark. You have to wait till the mortar is 'going off' before you can wire brush it. So, I will need to check it over in the daylight, but the main messy part is done. I can now concentrate on the bedrooms. Etienne, our electrician, came on Saturday morning and advised me that all of the old flooring in the rooms will need to be taken up before he can lay the electrical wiring. And really, to get the new flooring level, I'm going to have to lift the floorboards. It's just that I was going to try to do it in stages rather than all in one going! Oh well.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home