Les poissons en France

Friday, December 04, 2009

Kinky or what?

I've been continuing with taking up the floorboards in bedrooms 2 & 3.



Whilst I won't be able to do too much in the room until next year when the electrician's done his work, I'm begining to see what needs to be done to 'strengthen' the beams before I get involved with trying to get everything level for the new floor.

Some of the beams are fine, but some are very springy. We have at least one beam which is about 9 metres long (28 ft.) and starts off as a substantial beam, but by the time it reaches the opposite wall it's become a whippy pole!




There is one beam which appears very strong, even though, half way along it suddenly becomes half the width. Fortunately it stays the same depth, but it does look disconcerting!



At the moment, there's not as much reinforcing needed as I at first feared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home