Les poissons en France

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Return of the Demolition Man

Yes folks, he's back and he's setting to on the Barn!

We want to finish the courtyard this summer, and that involves creating an entrance to the barn for the mower so that we won't have to drive down the ramp in the corner of the courtyard. So, I've got to make the rear doorway to the barn from a single into a double.

Simple job!!! The lintel for the doorway is made of 4 beams side by side. So I've just got to remove them, replace with 4 longer beams and then remove some of the wall to create a bigger door. (Notice the "just")





I hope that you can see my piece of blue string. That's how wide I've got to make the new door.

I've proped up the beams above the doorway and I'm pleased to report that the first beam is out....and the wall above the door hasn't fallen down....yet.





I don't know how long this is going to take because I'm having to give the gardener some serious help at the moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home