Les poissons en France

Thursday, May 06, 2010

The Garden in Spring

I will warn you in advance that you are in for a bit of ooh ahhing over the garden in the next few months (I hope). As you know I was quite despondent about it in the winter as I feared that the very cold temperatures coupled with "our four legged friends" would have caused so much havoc that it was not going to be worth the effort. Far from it! I have lost very little and the plants are much better this year. We have had a lovely lilac and blue display in the front garden, of tulips, irises and now alliums. They have all stood the enormous variation in temperature (27 degrees last week and 2 degrees and snowing yesterday) very well.






I am waiting for the weather to improve as I have loads of seeds and young plants to put out, but you have to work with nature as it always has the upper hand.
Poor weather has also halted play on the barn door, but never fear he is continuing the jointing in the bedroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home