Les poissons en France

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Dans le Merde...Again

I was quietly enjoying myself this afternoon mowing the grass, when Sue reported water leaking in the kitchen. It appeared to be coming from the washing machine, so we had to drag it out from under the work top. Further investigation, in conjunction with the fact that we've noticed a water leak from an external soil pipe, led us to the Grease Trap. All of the water from the kitchen passes through the Bac a Gras before entering the septic tank, and this was blocked solid with grease. Upon talking to JJ, he cleans his out twice a year, and ours has been neglected for 2 years!!!!






So of course, I ended up with my arm down in the bac nearly up to my shoulder, with Sue boiling up kettles of water to try to soften the grease.

We eventually managed to unblock the pipes, but you can guarantee that it won't happen again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home