Les poissons en France

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mobility

Well, things are progressing faster than we anticipated. Last Thursday (5 days ago) we took delivery of a 'rollator', which is a kind of zimmer frame with wheels on. The physio had her walking round the room straight away, but yesterday (Monday), Sue walked down into the kitchen! This involves negotiating one step down into the shower room, one step down into the hall, and then5 steps down into the kitchen. The physio had originally talked of needing a long ramp down these 5 steps or maybe hand rails. However, yesterday Sue went for it, and he's now talking about Sue using just a crutch.



Needless to say, Sue was exhausted by the effort involved.

Meanwhile I'm continuing with regular exercise. I want to be in good condition when I finally get to see my heart people in Toulouse in February.



The bike is tucked away on the first floor landing which has become a temporary storage area at the moment. I find 'biking' tedious and I would much prefer to go walking, but, on the bike I'm within hearing range if Sue needs anything. Not that I feel that I need too much 'extra' exercise! I feel that I'm working out anyway. I don't seem to have much time for anything other than running about looking after Sue, the two cats, and doing the housework and cooking and .....

You ladies know what I'm on about!

1 Comments:

At 8:01 pm, Blogger Perpetua said...

Fantastic to see you on your feet again, Sue! I bet you were tired at first but it will get easier as time goes on. As for the cycling - keep up the good work, John. It's worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home