Les poissons en France

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Getting Plastered

No, not problems after last night's Fete. Sue decided to plaster the two old brick pillars of the Porcherie.



I need them done before I can start making window frames either side of them. Sue was moaning at how long these sort of things take us, but, as I tried to explain, every new 'skill' is a learning process for us. With the experience she's gaining from doing these pillars, she'll be a dab hand once we need whole rooms doing!

Meanwhile, I began trying to make my first window frame, having been to the local DIY store for a new cutting bit for my new Router. Success! I can now cut a rebate into a piece of wood. So, calling upon my long forgotten 'O' level Woodworking, I jointed 4 lengths of rebated wood together and put the resulting frame into position.



As this was my test piece I summoned my examiner, who was obviously feeling in a good mood. I was allowed extra time to rectify some small problems with gaps at the joints, and then was awarded a qualified 8 out of 10. However I was warned not to use my own unorthodox jointing system, but in future I should use the system recommended by 'her indoors' or face dire consequences. (I don't know how this works as she only did Domestic Science at 'O' level.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home