Les poissons en France

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

La Fete approaches

This coming weekend it is our local fete. We are taking a couple of friends to the Friday night meal, but the whole thing goes from Thursday evening until midnight on Monday. I think a lot of wine will be drunk! But we had a taster of it this evening when we were serenaded by an accordionist and some lassies singing. When I opened the front door, I was given a jar of honey, a plastic rose, and a programme of events.






In return for these goodies, I handed over a donation to help pay for the electricity, the bands, etc. of the Fete. My name was noted, and then the strolling minstrels wandered off to our neighbours.


It was so nice to see some youngsters involved in the organisation of these local events. Such a change from when we were in England!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home